[Standards] Message Retractions

Andrew Nenakhov andrew.nenakhov at redsolution.com
Wed Sep 25 13:11:25 UTC 2019

вт, 24 сент. 2019 г. в 21:30, JC Brand <lists at opkode.com>:
> > However, this method is 'server-centric', cause it requires a server
> > to calculate edit versions so that offline clients can check it there
> > were edits while they were away.
>
> Can this not just be handled with a MAM catchup when the client comes online?
> (if the MAM archive stores the retraction)

If by "MAM catchup" you mean fetching all messages in a conversation,
well, this CAN be handled this way, but it was exactly what we were
trying to avoid, because it is the worst possible method, which also
can't be used on iOS.

> > Sadly, documents for the moment are available only in Russian, here:
> > https://docs.google.com/document/d/17oLud7l9DYZb2fUvSDdcJugs_5es0jw-9KBPZVptUHA/edit
> > I guess google translate would translate most of it rather well, and
> > If anyone's really interested I can muster myself up and speed up
> > translation to English.
> I asked Google to translate it, but only half of the document got translated.

We'll do our best to speed up the translation of our XEP and their submission.

--
Andrew Nenakhov
CEO, redsolution, OÜ