[Standards] LAST CALL: XEP-0357 (Push Notifications)

Andrew Nenakhov andrew.nenakhov at redsolution.com
Mon Apr 6 22:25:03 UTC 2020

вт, 7 апр. 2020 г. в 03:07, Denver Gingerich <denver at ossguy.com>:
> Thanks for informing me.  I'll let others know about this option, as I think there are people in other XMPP groups I'm a part of that would very much like to test this, even if I am unable to devote much time to testing it myself during specific windows.
>
> Just to be clear, does this need to be tested with an @xabber.org JID right now?

No, at the moment we're running a stock ejabberd on xabber.org server.
Our fork of ejabberd which we call, you guess it, Xabber server,
currently runs on our own redsolution.com domain and on a number of
testing servers. Our new push-related improvements are not ready for
production, cause we still have to sort out the best approaches for
such things like  subscription requests. Easiest way is to pass data
encrypted right in the push, but I'm strongly inclined to avoid
including any information into push notifications, even in a strongly
encrypted form, so maybe we'll try to explore some other options.

If you want to have an account on one of our test servers, we can
arrange that (but better ask me in a week or so).

But the general rule with these new pushes is this: if it can't be
fetched from an archive, it's a problem.

--
Andrew Nenakhov
CEO, redsolution, OÜ