[Standards] XMPP Council Agenda 2020-04-15

Jonas Schäfer jonas at wielicki.name
Tue Apr 14 15:16:31 UTC 2020

Hi everyone,

The next XMPP Council Meeting will take place on 2020-04-15 at
15:00Z in xmpp:council at muc.xmpp.org?join. Everyone is welcome to
join and give comments.

This agenda is composed from:

- Editor notifications to standards@
- xsf/xeps GitHub PRs marked as Needs Council
- Suggestions directly sent to me (see below)

Agenda as follows:

1) Roll Call

2) Agenda Bashing

* Feel free to pre-bash on-list or directly to me if you think
something is missing.

3) Editor’s Update

- Expired calls: None
- Calls in progress:

  - LC for XEP-0357 (Push notifications) ends at 2020-04-15

- New ProtoXEP: Room Activity Indicators

4) Items for voting

4a) Proposed XMPP Extension: Room Activity Indicators
Abstract: This specification describes a lightweight mechanism for
activity
notifications in MUCs.

4b) PR#924
Title: Change service discovery flow to use account instead of
server
level feature. It may not be offered for all accounts, even if the
server supports it.

5) Outstanding Votes

- There are a few, check the Spreadsheet of Doom and vote on-list as
needed.

6) Date of Next

7) AOB

8) Close

End of Agenda.

Note that I am aiming for 30 minutes, but meetings may be extended
as necessary if all council members agree.

Meetings are normally held every Wednesday at 15:00 UTC in the
xmpp:council at muc.xmpp.org?join chatroom.
Meetings are open, and anyone (XSF Member or not) may attend, though
only XMPP Council members may vote. Relevant comments from the floor
are welcomed.

Using your web browser, you can join anonymously via
https://xmpp.org/chat?council

Note that conversations in the room are logged publicly at
https://logs.xmpp.org/council/

If you have suggestions for an agenda item, you can message me via
XMPP or email at this address or at jonas at zombofant.net.

I aim to publish the Agenda on the day before the Council meeting
before 19:00Z.

Thanks everyone,
Jonas