[Standards] On Quick Responses

Andrew Nenakhov andrew.nenakhov at redsolution.com
Tue Apr 21 20:37:06 UTC 2020

ср, 22 апр. 2020 г. в 01:24, Matthew Wild <mwild1 at gmail.com>:

> Hi all,

We have similar functionality on our roadmap and so far we see no reason
not to use forms. Concerns about their complexity are overblown. Most
likely, we'll need some extensions to them, true, but I see little issues
with the basic principle.

One more thing. Blindly copying telegram won't cut it, for a simple reason.
Telegram allows this only for bots, because telegram always knows 100% that
an entity is a bot, so it can tweak client accordingly to interact with it.
In XMPP, any entity can be a bot, and some users will be greatly upset if
their client would remove their favourite keyboard and replace it with some
buttons, all without their consent.

We DO have ideas about a way to provide special input mechanics to users
which are announced by an entity, but it'll likely use something like
XEP-0050 Ad Hoc commands, it won't be based on messages received from an
entity.

--
Andrew Nenakhov
CEO, redsolution, OÜ