[Standards] Council Minutes 2020-04-15

Matthew Wild mwild1 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 13:33:57 UTC 2020

On Thu, 23 Apr 2020 at 13:27, Dave Cridland <dave at cridland.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Apr 2020 at 12:51, Kim Alvefur <zash at zash.se> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 10:16:41AM +0100, Dave Cridland wrote:
>> > * The XML namespace is not under XSF control.
>> >
>> > Of these, the last is blocking for me; we have run into problems when
>> > non-XSF namespaces have been baked into XEPs before, and I'd rather not
>> > repeat that. Should be trivial to fix though, and my other two points
>> can
>> > be argued through Experimental.
>>
>> Is it not up to Editor to issue a proper namespace upon acceptance?
>

> Possibly, but ProtoXEPs traditionally have these in place. As long as we
> do not publish a XEP even in Experimental with a private XMLNS I don't
> really mind.

Sorry, I worked on this for a specific deployment (there are already
plugins for Prosody, Openfire and Converse.js). This protoXEP evolved from
my original docs on the protocol, and the namespace became invisible to me.
I'm 100% behind the XSF switching namespaces on acceptance. Failing
acceptance, we'll obviously stick with the current one.

Regards,
Matthew