[Standards] XEP0384 OMEMO pubsub#publish-options clarification

Ruslan N. Marchenko me at ruff.mobi
Sat Aug 8 07:02:48 UTC 2020

Hi Standards,

I'm trying to extend PEP server implementation to support OMEMO and
stumbled upon following issue: the OMEMO 5.3.2 stipulates the max_items
should be specified in the publish-options form, however neither form
registry nor XEP-0060 allow anything but access-model in the publishing
options.

Is it my mis-interpretation of the form registry enforcement or OMEMO
needs to add a statement that it is going to extend the registery with
additional fields?

I.e. I know the form can contain any arbitrary data just wonder if any
implementation applies some additional validation of the publish
options which may lead to iq errors. Or if such options would simply be
ignored and needs to be done via additional node configration
roundtrip?

--rr