[Standards] XMPP Council Agenda 2020-08-12

Jonas Schäfer jonas at wielicki.name
Tue Aug 11 20:04:39 UTC 2020

Hi everyone,

The next XMPP Council Meeting will take place on 2020-08-05 at 15:00Z in
xmpp:council at muc.xmpp.org?join. Everyone is welcome to join and add to the
discussions.

This agenda is composed from:

- Editor notifications to standards@
- xsf/xeps GitHub PRs marked as Needs Council
- Suggestions directly sent to me (see below)

Agenda as follows:

1) Roll Call

2) Agenda Bashing

* Feel free to pre-bash on-list or directly to me if you think something is
missing.

3) Editor’s Update

- XEP-0045 v1.33.0 released

4) Items for voting

4a) Discuss whether PR#971 was rejected on false premises
Sorry for this one. Flow brought up -- correctly -- that type="cancel" is
special and we should discuss real quick if that changes anything for the
folks who vetoed.

5) Pending Votes

- Georg pending on the SASL-EXTERNAL one.

6) Date of Next

7) AOB

8) Close

End of Agenda.

Note that I am aiming for 30 minutes, but meetings may be extended as
necessary if all council members agree.

Meetings are normally held every Wednesday at 15:00 UTC in the
xmpp:council at muc.xmpp.org?join chatroom.
Meetings are open, and anyone (XSF Member or not) may attend, though only XMPP
Council members may vote. Relevant comments from the floor are welcomed.

Using your web browser, you can join anonymously via
https://xmpp.org/chat?council

Note that conversations in the room are logged publicly at
https://logs.xmpp.org/council/

If you have suggestions for an agenda item, you can message me via XMPP or
email at this address or at jonas at zombofant.net.

I aim to publish the Agenda on the day before the Council meeting before
19:00Z.

Thanks everyone,
Jonas

P.S.: Due to the mail server outage, it is possible that you only receive this
email after the fact. Sorry for that. I Bcc’d the council members directly, so
those may also receive this email even more often than usual. Sorry for that,
too.