[Standards] Query types in PubSub

Paul Schaub vanitasvitae at fsfe.org
Fri Aug 14 11:55:26 UTC 2020

Hi list!

I'm currently looking into pubsub URIs as specified in
https://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0060.html#registrar-querytypes

What I noticed is that the linked section mentions that the registrar
maintains a list of pubsub-related query types which are listed here:
https://xmpp.org/registrar/querytypes.html#pubsub

However, the registrar apparently only "knows" about 'action' which can
be 'subscribe' and 'unsubscribe', and 'node' which is the name of the
pubsub node. Meanwhile the linked paragraph in XEP-0060 specifies an
additional value for 'action' which is 'retrieve', as well as 'item'
which identifies the item id.

Are those values missing from the registry on purpose or have they
simply been forgotten to add there?

They are also missing in the registry submission in XEP-0060 a few lines
further down.

Paul