[Standards] Query types in PubSub

Paul Schaub vanitasvitae at fsfe.org
Fri Aug 14 12:17:13 UTC 2020

Also it is not entirely clear to my, why for URIs that cause some action
the URI contains 'pubsub' after the question mark, but for simply
addressing an item, 'pubsub' can be omitted. I already looked into
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5122#section-2.2 which declares the form
of an XMPP URI, but I can't see why 'pubsub' is sometimes placed as
iquerytype and not in other cases. Can someone explain / link me to
further resources?