[Standards] XMPP Council Agenda 2020-08-19

Jonas Schäfer jonas at wielicki.name
Wed Aug 19 06:30:32 UTC 2020

Hi everyone,

The next XMPP Council Meeting will take place on 2020-08-19 at 15:00Z in
xmpp:council at muc.xmpp.org?join. Everyone is welcome to join and add to the
discussions.

This agenda is composed from:

- Editor notifications to standards@
- xsf/xeps GitHub PRs marked as Needs Council
- Suggestions directly sent to me (see below)

Agenda as follows:

1) Roll Call

2) Agenda Bashing

* Feel free to pre-bash on-list or directly to me if you think something is
missing.

3) Editor’s Update

- ProtoXEPs:

   - Message Archive Management Preferences
   - Pubsub Message Archive Management

   Both have been created as a spin-off from the most recent MAM update, but
   due to human error they were stuck in the PR queue.

4) Items for voting

4a) Proposed XMPP Extension: Message Archive Management Preferences
Abstract: This document defines a protocol to control a user's archiving
preferences.
Note: This is in context of the MAM split-off in the most recent MAM release.

4b) Proposed XMPP Extension: Pubsub Message Archive Management
Abstract: This document defines a protocol to query and control a pubsub
node's message archive.
Note: This is in context of the MAM split-off in the most recent MAM release.

4c) PR#976: XEP-0060: Add missing querytype 'retrieve' action and 'item' key
to registry submission
Abstract: The PubSub specification is missing registry entries for the
'retrieve' action and the 'item' key.  This PR adds those to the query type
registry submission.
See-Also: https://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/standards/2020-August/037679.html

4d) PR#975: XEP-0004: Clarify field type omission for 'submit' and 'result'
form field types, Version 2
See-Also: https://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/standards/2020-August/037664.html
See-Also: https://github.com/xsf/xeps/pull/971

5) Pending Votes

None. Yet :).

6) Date of Next

7) AOB

8) Close

End of Agenda.

Note that I am aiming for 30 minutes, but meetings may be extended as
necessary if all council members agree.

Meetings are normally held every Wednesday at 15:00 UTC in the
xmpp:council at muc.xmpp.org?join chatroom.
Meetings are open, and anyone (XSF Member or not) may attend, though only XMPP
Council members may vote. Relevant comments from the floor are welcomed.

Using your web browser, you can join anonymously via
https://xmpp.org/chat?council

Note that conversations in the room are logged publicly at
https://logs.xmpp.org/council/

If you have suggestions for an agenda item, you can message me via XMPP or
email at this address or at jonas at zombofant.net.

I aim to publish the Agenda on the day before the Council meeting before
19:00Z (that didn’t work out this time).

Thanks everyone,
Jonas