[Standards] XMPP Council Agenda 2020-08-26

Jonas Schäfer jonas at wielicki.name
Tue Aug 25 15:43:01 UTC 2020

Hi everyone,

The next XMPP Council Meeting will take place on 2020-08-26 at 15:00Z in
xmpp:council at muc.xmpp.org?join. Everyone is welcome to join and add to the
discussions.

This agenda is composed from:

- Editor notifications to standards@
- xsf/xeps GitHub PRs marked as Needs Council
- Suggestions directly sent to me (see below)

Agenda as follows:

1) Roll Call

2) Agenda Bashing

* Feel free to pre-bash on-list or directly to me if you think something is
missing.

3) Editor’s Update

- Ended LCs:

    - XEP-0352 (Client State Indication) ended on 2020-08-18
    - XEP-0411 (Bookmarks Conversion) ended on 2020-08-18

(Those LCs were missing from the Editor’s update because of a mistake when
using the LC tooling. The editors are now aware of the problem.)

4) Items for voting

4a) Decide on Advancement of XEP-0352: Client State Indication
Abstract: This document defines a way for the client to indicate its active/
inactive state.

4b) Decide on Advancement of XEP-0411: Bookmarks Conversion
Abstract: aThis specification describes a method to migrate to PEP based
bookmarks without loosing compatibility with client that still use Private
XML.

5) Pending Votes

Some by Kim and some by Daniel. And everyone is pending on the '4 issue :)

6) Date of Next

7) AOB

8) Close

End of Agenda.

Note that I am aiming for 30 minutes, but meetings may be extended as
necessary if all council members agree.

Meetings are normally held every Wednesday at 15:00 UTC in the
xmpp:council at muc.xmpp.org?join chatroom.
Meetings are open, and anyone (XSF Member or not) may attend, though only XMPP
Council members may vote. Relevant comments from the floor are welcomed.

Using your web browser, you can join anonymously via
https://xmpp.org/chat?council

Note that conversations in the room are logged publicly at
https://logs.xmpp.org/council/

If you have suggestions for an agenda item, you can message me via XMPP or
email at this address or at jonas at zombofant.net.

I aim to publish the Agenda on the day before the Council meeting before
19:00Z (that didn’t work out this time).

Thanks everyone,
Jonas