[Standards] XEP0384 OMEMO pubsub#publish-options clarification

Ruslan N. Marchenko me at ruff.mobi
Sat Aug 29 06:54:42 UTC 2020

Am Samstag, den 29.08.2020, 08:37 +0200 schrieb Philipp Hörist:
> Am Sa., 29. Aug. 2020 um 08:16 Uhr schrieb Ruslan N. Marchenko <
> me at ruff.mobi>:
> > The way I read it initially was "pubsub service MUST support
> > persitent items" but it seems it really mandates pubsub default
> > config rather than feature support?
>
> No, and why do you think that?

Don't know, that's just how I interpreted that while reading, maybe
because all lines below mention 'support' so it blended with them.

So then my second interpretation is correct and the document really
requires certain server *settings* rather than protocol/feature
support?

> > Then "'max' as value to persisy_items" I persume is a typo and
> > should read as 'max' value to 'max_items' when used together with
> > 'persist_items'?
> >

> Yes is a typo, should be fixed
>
> > After I implemented publish-options, configure-node, persist-items,
> > multi-items, delete-items (and retract-item which seem to be
> > redundant) I still see the omemo merely sets access-model to open
> > (as in XEP's example) but not others.
>
> What do you mean by "omemo merely sets .." what is omemo in that
> context?
The "omemo client implementation", thne one below,

> > And since my default pep node config is no persist, max 1,
> > pam=presence it only flips pam to open and the rest remains as is
> > (no persistence, max=1).
> > Is it just conversations specific or the XEP really mandates
> > defaults on the PEP node? It should be fairly easy to set the rest
> > of the required options in publish options instead of mandating the
> > defaults.
>
> Conversations does not implement the XEP version you are referring
> to, maybe that answers your question.

Ok, yes that would explain.