[Standards] Deprecating Dialback

Philipp Hancke fippo at goodadvice.pages.de
Fri Dec 4 20:10:02 UTC 2020

Am 03.12.20 um 15:13 schrieb Sam Whited:
> I lied, I got interested and got started on it last night after work /
> this morning.
>
> https://github.com/xsf/xeps/pull/1017

That has less features than 220, in particular you can't add new domains
on *either* side, no? (ofc stream headers suck a bit for this)
In general I see little value in reinventing the syntax -- it would take
another decade or so to get adoption.

And please, do NOT BRING BACK the wrong notion of subdomain from RFC
3920. Discovery is a problem for multiplexing but one has to use DNS,
not make wrong assumptions about it :-)