[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Character counting in message bodies

Sam Whited sam at samwhited.com
Wed Dec 9 19:20:46 UTC 2020

I believe this is a mischaracterization of my argument. My argument is
"everything will have a way to get at the underlying bytes, not
everything will have them pre-converted into code points". Also "this
gives us the option to do certain optimizations on systems that support
them, but using code points doesn't so we should do the thing that is
the most flexible".

—Sam