[Standards] MUC Mention Notifications

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Fri Dec 18 18:10:01 UTC 2020

On Fri, 18 Dec 2020 at 17:01, JC Brand <lists at opkode.com> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I've submitted a PR for a new protoXEP: MUC Mention Notifictions
>
> https://github.com/xsf/xeps/pull/1022

Thanks, this looks like a solid start and I will be voting to accept it.

Comments:

1) I think it would benefit from an example of the mention itself, though I
assume it to be the message shown as forwarded in §3.2

2) Section 3.2 shows a message being forwarded to a full jid for the
mentioned user - is this intentional?

3) The message forwarded doesn't contain, and is not accompanied by, a MAM
stanza-id, which might be useful to locate it in the MUC archive. Can we
include this if the room is archived?

Thanks!

Dave.