[Standards] MUC Mention Notifications

JC Brand lists at opkode.com
Wed Dec 30 16:28:19 UTC 2020

On 18.12.20 19:10, Dave Cridland wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Dec 2020 at 17:01, JC Brand <lists at opkode.com
> <mailto:lists at opkode.com>> wrote:
>
> Hi all
>
> I've submitted a PR for a new protoXEP: MUC Mention Notifictions
>
> https://github.com/xsf/xeps/pull/1022
> <https://github.com/xsf/xeps/pull/1022>
>

> Thanks, this looks like a solid start and I will be voting to accept it.

Thanks, your cheque is in the mail.

> Comments:
>
> 1) I think it would benefit from an example of the mention itself,
> though I assume it to be the message shown as forwarded in §3.2

Yeah, it would just be a copy paste of the inner <message>. I've added
some clarifying text to the bottom of the example.

> 2) Section 3.2 shows a message being forwarded to a full jid for the
> mentioned user - is this intentional?

Nope, fixed thanks.

> 3) The message forwarded doesn't contain, and is not accompanied by, a
> MAM stanza-id, which might be useful to locate it in the MUC archive.
> Can we include this if the room is archived?

Ok, I added it.

I was wondering whether I should include the stanza-id or not and
originally decided not to in order to keep the stanza clear and to the
point of this particular XEP.

Thanks
JC