[Standards] LAST CALL: XEP-0402 (Bookmarks 2 (This Time it's Serious))

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Fri Feb 14 08:58:12 UTC 2020

On Thu, 13 Feb 2020 at 20:14, Florian Schmaus <flo at geekplace.eu> wrote:

> On 1/29/20 5:33 PM, Jonas Schäfer (XSF Editor) wrote:
> > This message constitutes notice of a Last Call for comments on
> > XEP-0402.
> >
> > Title: Bookmarks 2 (This Time it's Serious)
> > Abstract:
> > This specification defines a syntax and storage profile for keeping a
> > list of chatroom bookmarks on the server.

> > This Last Call begins today and shall end at the close of business on
> > 2020-02-12.
>
> Besides my feedback regarding arbitrary extensions being added by the
> client and/or the server, I believe it is a missed opportunity that this
> XEP is MUC specific.

I'm not entirely convinced it is, or ever was; in any case I have a PR open
that makes it clear that it's a jid for a group chat of some kind, and not
necessarily XEP-0045:

https://github.com/xsf/xeps/pull/892/files#diff-04bb1eb88bb1740e9f3d97e395c890efR101

So ultimately this should not be Bookmarks 2, but Roster 2, based on
> PubSub [1].

I sort of think we could review roster, but last time I attempted that
there was a lot of push-back.

Dave.