[Standards] Call for Experience: XEP-0198: Stream Management

JC Brand lists at opkode.com
Thu Feb 20 11:05:10 UTC 2020

On 20.02.20 11:37, Andrew Nenakhov wrote:
> чт, 20 февр. 2020 г. в 15:33, JC Brand <lists at opkode.com>:
>>> For what it's worth, our iOS and web versions work perfectly fine
>>> without XEP-0198. Android version will have it removed, too. Restoring
>>> a state > resumption of a stream.
>> How are you able to receive stanzas that were sent to you during the
>> short period that you were disconnected?
> Through the message archive and with our device sync protocol.
What if you had only one device and presence stanzas were sent during
the disconnection?

With your way of doing things, you'd have to query MAM every time you
load a web-page that contains an XMPP chat. Seems excessive.

I know your web chat client isn't meant to be embedded in websites where
people navigate around, but that is a common use-case.