[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Reminders

Marvin W xmpp at larma.de
Fri Feb 28 14:41:08 UTC 2020

While I do like the idea, I think this could be done more elegantly
using a generic "send a message later" functionality. That way the
reminder can also be send to others and can also have arbitrary message
content. However such feature would require the own server to implement
that feature (whereas the proposed reminder spec can be implemented on
remote domains)

Regarding this specification:
- I think it is weird that the server acknowledges the reminder creation
by sending the full reminder.
- This specification lacks the feature to request a list of all pending
active reminders.
- It is unclear what happens to reminders when the creating resource
(that would normally receive the reminder) is not online. I believe
current servers will route it to some other resource that is online at
that time, but the message is not carbon copied or stored in MAM.

Marvin