[Standards] XMPP Council Agenda for 2020-01-08

Jonas Schäfer jonas at wielicki.name
Tue Jan 7 17:10:44 UTC 2020

Hi everyone,

First of all, sorry for the missed Agenda last week. We held off voting about
OMEMO for that reason.

The next XMPP Council Meeting will take place on 2020-01-08 at 16:00Z in
xmpp:council at muc.xmpp.org?join. Everyone is welcome to join and give comments.

This agenda is composed from:

- Editor notifications to standards@
- xsf/xeps GitHub PRs marked as Needs Council
- Suggestions directly sent to me (see below)

Agenda as follows:

1) Roll Call

2) Agenda Bashing

* Feel free to pre-bash on-list or directly to me if you think something is
missing.

3) Items for voting

(NB: We started voting on the three of the four ProtoXEPs last week.)

3a) Proposed XMPP Extension: Special Interests Group End to End Encryption

Abstract: This document proposes the formation of a Special Interest Group
(SIG) within the XSF devoted to the development of end-to-end encryption
within the context of XMPP.

3b) Do something about the OMEMO XEP

Dave suggested that we try to get OMEMO into Rejected state (which may meean
moving it via Proposed or asking Board for assistance). Discussion about this
will be interesting, and stakeholders in OMEMO are invited to be present. I’m
again CC-ing a few folks from the recent thread.

4) Outstanding Votes

5) Date of Next

6) AOB

7) Close

End of Agenda.

Note that I am aiming for 30 minutes.

Meetings are normally held every Wednesday at 1600 UTC in the
xmpp:council at muc.xmpp.org?join chatroom.
Meetings are open, and anyone (XSF Member or not) may attend, though only XMPP
Council members may vote. Relevant comments from the floor are welcomed.

You can join anonymously using your Browser at https://xmpp.org/chat?council
.

If you have suggestions for an agenda item, you can message me via XMPP or E-
mail at this address or at jonas at zombofant.net.

I aim to publish the Agenda at the day before the Council meeting before
20:00Z.

Thanks everyone,
Jonas