[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: MAM Fastening Collation

Marvin W xmpp at larma.de
Thu Jan 9 00:13:32 UTC 2020

See, this discussion is not going to go anywhere. We do have different
opinions. I am fine with that. Yes, this means additional work for both
of us. Yes, this means we'll likely have opposing XEP proposals for some
time. I am fine with that. Let's just keep it at this.

On 1/8/20 11:06 PM, Dave Cridland wrote:
> we design fastenings such that they summarize effectively, and we do so
> by imposing rules around their syntax
At least we kind of agree that XEP-0422 is not meant to be generic, but
meant to work well with your proposed MAM-FC, thus making other
approaches harder to explore. If I understood Flo correctly, this was
basically the question he wanted to have answered.

Marvin