[Standards] LAST CALL: XEP-0363 (HTTP File Upload)

Daniel Gultsch daniel at gultsch.de
Thu Jan 16 09:53:13 UTC 2020

The previous last call for this was mostly ignored; which I’m
interpreting as most people are generally happy with this XEP. However
for due process I think we need to collect some feedback so let me
start with mine.

Am Di., 14. Jan. 2020 um 21:43 Uhr schrieb Jonas Schäfer <jonas at wielicki.name>:

> 1. Is this specification needed to fill gaps in the XMPP protocol
> stack or to clarify an existing protocol?

Yes and no. There is arguably some overlap with Jingle File Transfer.
However Jingle FT is still experimental (or technically even deferred
at this point) and much much harder to implement.

> 2. Does the specification solve the problem stated in the introduction
> and requirements?

Yes

> 3. Do you plan to implement this specification in your code? If not,
> why not?

I have implemented it.

No

Yes.