[Standards] Feedback: XEP-0409: IM Routing-NG

Daniel Gultsch daniel at gultsch.de
Mon Jan 20 11:38:41 UTC 2020

Hi,

I’ve read IM Routing-NG again over the last couple of days and I think
we would be better of migrating to IM Routing-NG short term and
deprecate Carbons instead of trying to refine its rules again and
again (and not being able to make it Draft).

What I like about IM Routing NG is that it is simple enough that both
client and server implementations should be relatively easy to do
(possibly by converting an existing mod_carbon) and that, due to its
reflection, a client will learn the stanza-id; making the next catchup
a lot easier.

At this point I would like to offer to write a client side
implementation on relativ short notice if I can get a server developer
to do the same.

One thing that I’m currently missing from IM Routing NG is the
interaction with private MUC messages.

cheers
Daniel