[Standards] XMPP Council Agenda for 2020-01-22

Jonas Schäfer jonas at wielicki.name
Tue Jan 21 16:06:10 UTC 2020

Hi everyone,

The next XMPP Council Meeting will take place on 2020-01-15 at 16:00Z in
xmpp:council at muc.xmpp.org?join. Everyone is welcome to join and give comments.

This agenda is composed from:

- Editor notifications to standards@
- xsf/xeps GitHub PRs marked as Needs Council
- Suggestions directly sent to me (see below)

Agenda as follows:

1) Roll Call

2) Agenda Bashing

* Feel free to pre-bash on-list or directly to me if you think something is
missing.

3) Items for voting

3a) Proposed XMPP Extension: Full Text Search in MAM

Abstract: This specification proposes a field in the MAM form for full text
searching.

3b) Proposed XMPP Extension: Inbox

Abstract: This specification proposes a mechanism by which clients can find a
list of ongoing conversations and their state.

3c) Obsolete CS-2019

3d) XEP-0384 (OMEMO Encryption): Authorship

This is one from the Editor: I have noticed that XEP-0384 changes are
typically queuing for weeks on author approval. I personally haven’t heard
much, if anything, from the author on-list since the last big discussion about
OMEMO.

We should figure out if we can reach out to them and work with them to improve
the fluidity of the spec, especially with the discussion at the moment.

3e) SIG-E2EE ProtoXEP Update

4) Outstanding Votes

- SIG-E2EE, see [1] and above.

5) Date of Next

6) AOB

7) Close

End of Agenda.

Note that I am aiming for 30 minutes, but meetings may be extended as
necessary if all council members agree.

Meetings are normally held every Wednesday at 1600 UTC in the
xmpp:council at muc.xmpp.org?join chatroom.
Meetings are open, and anyone (XSF Member or not) may attend, though only XMPP
Council members may vote. Relevant comments from the floor are welcomed.

Using your web browser, you can join anonymously via
https://xmpp.org/chat?council

Note that conversations in the room are logged publicly at
https://logs.xmpp.org/council/

If you have suggestions for an agenda item, you can message me via XMPP or
email at this address or at jonas at zombofant.net.

I aim to publish the Agenda at the day before the Council meeting before
20:00Z.

Thanks everyone,
Jonas

   [1]: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ANu9KGmNf2r-qpLYqF7NdJTtqA1GIu55rf2deKbM0GA/edit?ts=5de7debe