[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Inbox

Andrew Nenakhov andrew.nenakhov at redsolution.com
Tue Jan 21 16:28:31 UTC 2020

Notice: this is a rather early sketch of a copy of a technology that we
already use to great results and have implemented in a open-source and
available XMPP server and at least two clients on different platforms
(third is upcoming in a few months, too), that sync with each other swiftly
and correctly.
Mostly, our only limitation now is the speed at which we can translate our
existing and implemented specification
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1miQ3aTsdlaRWbs9Q13BqoXrD5uFfITaTK1Mn8n6SqBM/edit>
to English.

Proposed specification does not address ways to work with retracted /
edited messages, and does not provide info on incoming audio calls, which I
can say from experience is crucial for such XEP performance on mobile
devices that support calls and depend on push notifications.

(in other news, push notifications as described in XEP-0357 requires
serious reform due to recent changes to Apple APNS rules. This also affects
XEP-0353 Jingle Message Initiation, which is no longer practical, even with
our additional roundtrip that we proposed last summer)

вт, 21 янв. 2020 г. в 21:06, Jonas Schäfer <jonas at wielicki.name>:

> Title: Inbox
> Abstract:
> This specification proposes a mechanism by which clients can find a
> list of ongoing conversations and their state.

> The Council will decide in the next two weeks whether to accept this
> proposal as an official XEP.

Andrew Nenakhov
CEO, redsolution, OÜ
https://redsolution.com <http://www.redsolution.com>