[Standards] Call for XEPs to Adavance in the Process

Daniel Gultsch daniel at gultsch.de
Wed Jan 22 17:03:01 UTC 2020

I propose to Last Call the following XEPs:

* XEP-0398: User Avatar to vCard-Based Avatars Conversion
(I’m actually the author of that and assuming that HTTP Upload finally
goes through next week I have mental capacity for that one.)

* XEP-0352: Client State Indication

* XEP-0357: Push Notifications
(Probably won’t go through; but lets call it and see what happens)

XEP-0390: Entity Capabilities 2.0
(I have seen very little implementations; but technically we don’t
need them for LC)

What I'm not super keen on is:
* XEP-0411: Bookmarks Conversion - I think we'd be better of just
using Bookmarks 2 - But I could collect feedback on that if people
want me to.

I propose to Final the following XEPs:

* XEP-0198: Stream Management
* XEP-0184: Message Delivery Receipts

We have to wait another month or so but:
* XEP-0368: SRV records for XMPP over TLS
is probably read as well (We don’t want to call them all at the same
time anyway)