[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Full Text Search in MAM

Andrew Nenakhov andrew.nenakhov at redsolution.com
Thu Jan 23 20:20:39 UTC 2020

ср, 22 янв. 2020 г. в 17:47, Matthew Wild <mwild1 at gmail.com>:
> > I believe it would be best course to just amend XEP-0313 with what already exists, and be done with it?
>
> There is a bunch more stuff to consider, such as locale of the search
> query and any advanced search syntax so that clients can provide the
> correct UI to the user.
>
> I don't think this protoXEP is anywhere near finished, but it's a
> necessary start.

WELL if that is really necessary from your perspective, it would be
nice if the process of formalizing the namespaces and stanza formats
could be sped up, so we don't deploy more instances of servers and
clients that use search in 'ejabberd' way.

Modifying ejabberd and our server and clients to this type of search
looks rather trivial and can be done really fast.

--
Andrew Nenakhov
CEO, redsolution, OÜ