[Standards] NEW: XEP-0425 (Message Moderation)

Jonas Schäfer jonas at wielicki.name
Fri Jan 24 14:03:01 UTC 2020

23 Jan 2020 10:19:49 pm Paul Schaub :

> Hi everyone!
>
> I have a question regarding the element. Is the text content
> inside the reason element mandatory? If so, what should be a default
> reason text. If not, is is okay to leave the element empty, like
> or or should the element be omitted in such
> case?

It seems to me as if there is no way to omit the reason, by looking at the examples.

If we wanted to omit the reason, the proper way would be by omitting the element altogether.

(Also, I need to report a bug against my MUA for stripping out the XML in the qoutation.)

> Paul
>
> On 01.11.19 11:41, lists at opkode.com wrote:
>
> > Version 0.1.0 of XEP-0425 (Message Moderation) has been released.
> >
> > Abstract:
> > This specification defines a method for groupchat moderators to
> > moderate messages.
> >
> > Changelog:
> > Accepted by vote of Council on 2019-10-16. (XEP Editor (jcb))

> > Note: The information in the XEP list at https://xmpp.org/extensions/
> > is updated by a separate automated process and may be stale at the
> > time this email is sent. The XEP documents linked herein are up-to-
> > date.

Jonas Schäfer
This was sent from mobile, and I'm not good with those. Sorry for brevity and such.