[Standards] Council Minutes 2020-01-22

Georg Lukas georg at op-co.de
Wed Jan 29 08:27:06 UTC 2020

* Tedd Sterr <teddsterr at outlook.com> [2020-01-28 19:04]:
> 3a) Proposed XMPP Extension: Full Text Search in MAM - https://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/fulltext.html

+1 this is a good first step, and I'm sure we can figure out the
remaining parts (like an additional form field for "exact string match")
on the go.

> 3b) Proposed XMPP Extension: Inbox - https://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/inbox.html

+1

I like this one as well. However, I see very much value in integrating
it with an "Open chats" list, even though these are technically
two overlapping sets of JIDs that don't need to be equal.

What I would want of an "open chats" list:

- JIDs that I have an ongoing conversation with, to be synchronized
  between clients
- last message from each respective conversation (like here)
- new incoming messages automatically add the sender to "open chats"

I think this is technically very similar to "marked" in this XEP, but
semantically different and also requires a different UI. Maybe all we
need is another boolean flag "open" in Inbox.

Georg