[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Full Text Search in MAM

Andrew Nenakhov andrew.nenakhov at redsolution.com
Thu Jan 30 15:27:12 UTC 2020

пт, 24 янв. 2020 г. в 03:23, Dave Cridland <dave at cridland.net>:
> Matthew has proposed restricting this such that it explicitly MUST NOT have any special terms - no "OR" or "-" etc - and add a second that does have these (but can include instructions in the MAM form).

Not a good idea, in my opinion. I'd leave it to an implementation. If
a server does respect such terms, OK, the user has more granular
control over the output. If it does not - well, OK.
Having different methods to do this stuff will lead to
overcomplication on the client side which will have do decide support,
understand user's intent, etc.

Google, Yandex, Bing, DDG, etc do not have separate input searchboxes
for searchers with special terms and without them.

--
Andrew Nenakhov
CEO, redsolution, OÜ