[Standards] Evaluating gitlab.com as new location for XEP Editor repositories (xeps+registar)

Kim Alvefur zash at zash.se
Tue Jun 16 17:52:17 UTC 2020

On Sun Jun 14, 2020 at 6:31 PM CEST, Jonas Schäfer wrote:
> Dear community members,
>
> TL;DR: Due to considerable technical advantages, the Editor team is
> considering moving the repositories currently hosted at
> github.com/xsf/xeps adn gitlab.com/xsf/registrar to gitlab.com/xsf.
> This will reduce delays in processing XEP changes and revive the
> Registry.

(No hats.)

I think the Editor team should use whatever tooling they think is best.

A requirement to sign up for an account with a 3rd party in order to
contribute was the thing that drove me to XMPP in the first place, so it
is important to me that it still be possible without signing up for
Github, Gitlab or any such service. I believe the Editor team accepts
contributions via email, and I'm happy as long as such an option exists.

--
Regards,
Kim "Zash" Alvefur