[Standards] Evaluating gitlab.com as new location for XEP Editor repositories (xeps+registar)

Tedd Sterr teddsterr at outlook.com
Tue Jun 16 21:22:16 UTC 2020

I suspect most people have no strong opinion on this either way (it doesn't directly affect them) - hence the quite narrow responses.
So, to unironically signal my own nonchalance, I'm responding.

That said, anything which improves the editor process, particularly reducing required time and effort, without otherwise placing restrictions on submissions, can only be a good thing. And if it fixes the Registry, even better. I don't consider maintaining the status quo or staying where all the cool kids are as compelling reasons for avoiding change.

On the dual-HubLab approach, I expect it will cause more problems in the long run, if only from the increased complexity and confusion it will inevitably cause - good documentation should solve that, but in reality it doesn't because people are generally terrible at following instructions, or even reading them in the first place.