[Standards] Council Minutes 2020-06-17

Georg Lukas georg at op-co.de
Wed Jun 24 13:45:01 UTC 2020

* Tedd Sterr <teddsterr at outlook.com> [2020-06-22 19:13]:
> 4b) PR #961 (XEP-0030: Specify that the disco#info feature may not be explicitly set) - https://github.com/xsf/xeps/pull/961

-1

As stated time and again, neither removing the mandatory 0030 feature,
nor adding the 0030 feature to all disco examples in all XEPs is The
Right Thing.

The most useful way forward would be to define a new XEP definition XML
element that would allow an author to specify a feature, or a list of
features, which would render in the XEP output as the respective
example, and would provide proper meta-data for a centralized feature
registry. Bonus points if we can make the XEP syntax be:

    <feature var='insert-your-feature-here'/>

We can still bike-shed the syntax of the example output afterwards (only
list the respective feature in the XML, add <!-- ... --> to indicate that
this is not normative and to make it violate XMPP stream syntax!)

Georg