[Standards] [Council] XMPP Council Agenda for 2020-03-18

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Tue Mar 17 21:50:58 UTC 2020

Hi everyone,

As you may know, my employer (Pando) provides IM services (over XMPP, of
course) to various health services around the world, including the National
Health Service in the UK.

For some reason, things are quite busy at the moment...

https://hellopando.com/covid-19/

XSF work is, unfortunately, taking second place to work (and indeed other
things). I am likely to miss a few meetings as things come up unexpectedly.
Hopefully I'll get to voting, but I won't be offended if there's a few
reminders for things I've missed or forgotten.

I'm not resigning (though I did consider it) on the basis that I'm hoping
this is a relatively short term issue while what we're encountering settles
down into a new normal. However, the XMPP Council does have remedies if
this becomes problematic - it can choose to vote me off and replace me.

Until then, I appreciate you bearing with me.

Dave.