[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Channel Binding Pseudomechanisms

Daniel Gultsch daniel at gultsch.de
Wed May 6 15:37:51 UTC 2020

Hi,

I totally understand the need for this. And the lack of something like
this has prevented me from implementing SCRAM-*-PLUS in Conversations
for years.
However I don’t like the syntax at all and would like us to either
find a different syntax or just fix this for TLS1.3 onwards by
properly defining and implementing a default channel binding mechanism
that works for everyone. (See the other thread.)

Doing SCRAM-*-PLUS only for TLS1.3+ feels like an OK compromise to me.

cheers
Daniel