Matthew Wild mwild1 at gmail.com
Wed May 13 13:36:26 UTC 2020

On Wed, 13 May 2020 at 13:51, Florian Schmaus <flo at geekplace.eu> wrote:

> Because surely those libraries could be easily extended to expose the
> text-multi values, in addition to a single multi-line string, as a list
> of strings.

Our dataforms API translates form XML to a map of values. Each field has
one output type. If we change the output type of text-multi to an array of
strings, it will break anything that currently uses that field type as a
string.

Regardless of whether text-multi has been misused in the past, I don't see
why it's a problem to use list-multi (given all the same arguments that are
being given for using text-multi also apply to that).

Regards,
Matthew