[Standards] XEP-0333: meaning of 'acknowledged'

Philipp Hörist philipp at hoerist.com
Thu May 21 16:43:43 UTC 2020

@Matthew

Scrolling to the bottom should trigger a <displayed>

Only because i see something does not mean i acknowledge it

I can imagine a use case where you send a date and time for a meeting.

If i open the message my client should indicate that i saw the message, but
that does not mean  the date and time is OK for me. If it would be I could
indicate this via an ack.

regards
Philipp