[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Pre-Authenticated In-Band Registration

Sam Whited sam at samwhited.com
Wed Nov 4 17:37:43 UTC 2020

I missed this statement about 0389 last time. This is incorrect, 0389
does not use stanzas pre-auth, it just has the ability to use stanzas to
do the same thing post-auth because I wanted to be able to register with
something other than the server. For example, you might want an admin
console that exists post-auth if you're an admin that lets you register
accounts on a MUC component (which requires stanzas to be routable).
The IQs are not to be used pre-auth.

I will clarify this in the XEP; sorry for the confusion.

—Sam