[Standards] Need sanity check on an example in XEP-0393: Message Styling

Sam Whited sam at samwhited.com
Fri Nov 6 17:39:13 UTC 2020

So my reasoning here is that if you lazily match to the middle asterisk
in "***" and call it a styling directive, there won't be any text
between them so it's not a styling directive. Then you'd move on to the
next asterisk and the one you just ruled out as a styling directive is
between them (so that one is text and the second asterisk is a styling
directive).

Does that actually make sense?

—Sam