[Standards] Council Minutes 2020-11-04

Kim Alvefur zash at zash.se
Wed Nov 11 15:39:52 UTC 2020

On Wed, Nov 11, 2020 at 02:42:25AM +0000, Tedd Sterr wrote:
>https://logs.xmpp.org/council/2020-11-04?p=h#2020-11-04-51d2be3786d1879f
>4b) Proposed XMPP Extension: Pre-Authenticated In-Band Registration - https://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/ibr-token.html
>Georg: +1
>Daniel: [on-list]
>Jonas: [on-list]
>Zash: [on-list]
>Dave: [on-list]

+1

Nits and thoughts:

If anyone knows of research or the like to back up the claim about
captchas being not great, I'm interested and would be happy to see it
referenced here.

This uses <iq> "stanzas" before resource binding, which is not very
nice.

I'm willing to let this slide for now as this is already implemented and
deployed (I may have played a part in this) and I understand that the
plan is to eventually do this in a nicer way using XEP-0389.

--
Kim "Zash" Alvefur
XMPP Council