[Standards] XMPP Council Agenda 2020-11-18

Jonas Schäfer jonas at wielicki.name
Tue Nov 17 14:38:37 UTC 2020

Helau everyone,

The next and last XMPP Council Meeting of this term will take place on
2020-11-18 at 16:00Z in xmpp:council at muc.xmpp.org?join. Everyone is welcome to
join and add to the discussions.

This agenda is composed from:

- Editor notifications to standards@
- xsf/xeps GitHub PRs marked as Needs Council
- xsf/xeps GitLab MRs marked as Needs Council
- Suggestions directly sent to me (see below)

Agenda as follows:

1) Roll Call

2) Agenda Bashing

* Feel free to pre-bash on-list or directly to me if you think something is
missing.

3) Editor’s Update

* Four new ProtoXEPs (see below)

4) Items for voting

NOTE: This is the last Council meeting of this term. If we cannot finish votes
in this meeting, the only option is to vote until November 24th on-list.
Otherwise, the votes expire and need to be restarted by next council. Or
something like that.

4a) Proposed XMPP Extension: File metadata element
Abstract: This specification defines a generic file metadata element to be
used in other specifications.

4b) Proposed XMPP Extension: Stateless file sharing
Abstract: This specification describes a protocol for stateless asynchronous
file sharing with integrity and transport flexibility. It allows clients to
provide a good interoperable user experience in combination with Carbons and
MAM.

4c) Proposed XMPP Extension: Encryption for stateless file sharing
Abstract: This specification provides a protocol for sharing encrypted files
using the stateless file sharing protocol (XEP-xxxx).

4d) Proposed XMPP Extension: Stickers
Abstract: This specification provides a protocol to send stickers and to
create and share sticker packs.

5) Pending Votes

- Daniel on ibr-token
- Dave on CS-2020 advancement

6) Date of Next

7) AOB

8) Close

End of Agenda.

Note that I am aiming for 30 minutes, but meetings may be extended as
necessary if all council members agree.

Meetings are normally held every Wednesday at 16:00 UTC in the
xmpp:council at muc.xmpp.org?join chatroom.
Meetings are open, and anyone (XSF Member or not) may attend, though only XMPP
Council members may vote. Relevant comments from the floor are welcomed.

Using your web browser, you can join anonymously via
https://xmpp.org/chat?council

Note that conversations in the room are logged publicly at
https://logs.xmpp.org/council/

If you have suggestions for an agenda item, you can message me via XMPP or
email at this address or at jonas at zombofant.net.

I aim to publish the Agenda on the day before the Council meeting before
19:00Z.

Thanks everyone,
Jonas