[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: File metadata element

Jonas Schäfer jonas at wielicki.name
Thu Nov 19 14:29:25 UTC 2020

On Dienstag, 17. November 2020 15:31:56 CET XEP Editor Pipeline wrote:

> Title: File metadata element
> Abstract:
> This specification defines a generic file metadata element to be used
> in other specifications.

A few notes:

- I do not like the dimensions element carrying two values. I suggest to use
separate width/height elements. Same motivation as for 1st normal form for
databases.

- Did you consider using the `flick` unit for the duration, instead of
milliseconds? See for example https://github.com/facebookarchive/Flicks

thanks,
Jonas