[Standards] NEW: XEP-0447 (Stateless file sharing)

Marvin W xmpp at larma.de
Tue Nov 24 23:41:46 UTC 2020

Hi,

On 24.11.20 21:40, Ivan Vučica wrote:
> Since this now refers to deferred XEP-0103, will that one be advanced
> again? Maybe changed to experimental or draft, possibly marking the "use
> with SI" session as deprecated (since session initiation itself is
> marked deprecated)?

XEP-0103 is used only for providing a structure for providing
information about URLs. The part describing it's usage for SI is not
relevant for the usage in SFS. XEP-0103 indeed has XEP-0095 listed as a
dependency. So I guess it would be best to clean up 0103 from all its
references to SI (or keep them but mention them as deprecated use).

> Presumably support for http:header mentioned in XEP-0103 is expected
> from a conforming client -- any point in explicitly stating it? It can
> be easy to unknowingly break a client which would not support it (as the
> base case would be just attaching images / stickers).

SFS already mentions "If the URL uses HTTP or HTTPS and additional HTTP
request information as specified in HTTP Scheme for URL Data (XEP-0104)
[14] is provided, the receiving entity SHOULD use such information when
obtaining the file." I'd say that's explicit enough, no?

Marvin