[Standards] Renaming XEP "Draft" stage to "Stable"

goffi goffi at goffi.org
Fri Aug 27 10:14:53 UTC 2021

Hi

Le 2021-08-26 18:45, Matthew Wild a écrit :

> In practice
> a XEP only reaches "Draft" stage when it has a bunch of implementation
> experience, and Council believes it looks ready for broad adoption.

I don't think (and checking XEP-0001 tends to confirm) that any
implementation is needed to reach the draft state, I've already been
surprised to see some XEP reaching this state with nearly no
implementation in the wild.

But this detail put aside, it's probably a good move, I've seen a couple
of time people doing criticism on XMPP because "many XEPs are in Draft
state", and indeed when you're not aware of the workflow, it seems like
nearly nothing is usable (that's still true with many XEPs used widely
which are in Experimental or Deferred state, but that's an other story).

Thanks for taking care of this.

Regards
Goffi