[Standards] MAM Sync Strategies

Andrew Nenakhov andrew.nenakhov at redsolution.com
Fri Aug 27 10:20:08 UTC 2021

пт, 27 авг. 2021 г. в 14:52, JC Brand <lists at opkode.com>:

> Converse is made so that it can be integrated into a website where the
> user might be clicking many links and navigate throughout the site, thereby
> causing the page to regularly refresh/reload. If you don't cache/store the
> messages somewhere, you'll have to refetch them every single time the page
> loads, which is wasteful and causes notable delays.
>
> So no, you can't always just load everything from the server.

Well, if you intend to work as a widget, you'll hardly exceed 5MB local
storage limit.

Also, we have a similarly working demo of our group chat tech made out to
work as a support chat widget: http://connector.chat/

it reloads almost instantly after each page reload (and even remembers the
position if it was moved to another place), reloading everything from the
archive. You may try it now, if you want.

--
Andrew Nenakhov
CEO, redsolution, OÜ