[Standards] MAM Sync Strategies

Andrew Nenakhov andrew.nenakhov at redsolution.com
Fri Aug 27 10:54:52 UTC 2021

пт, 27 авг. 2021 г. в 14:52, Holger Weiß <holger at zedat.fu-berlin.de>:

> * Andrew Nenakhov <andrew.nenakhov at redsolution.com> [2021-08-27 14:45]:
> >our quick sync protocol that loads every first message from all chats,
>
> This sounds like a non-standard replacement for XEP-0430: Inbox?

Not quite. XEP-0430 is a (rather weak) imitation of the XEP-SYNC which was
already done (and implemented) when Inbox was proposed.  It supports
delivered/read/unread messages, active calls in chat (without it, VoIP
calls won't work on iOS), provides archived/unarchived/pinned statuses,
muting conversations (and is responsible for sending out push notifications
only to NOT muted conversations, etc.

--
Andrew Nenakhov
CEO, redsolution, OÜ