[Standards] MAM Sync Strategies

JC Brand lists at opkode.com
Fri Aug 27 11:03:07 UTC 2021

On 27.08.21 12:56, Andrew Nenakhov wrote:

> пт, 27 авг. 2021 г. в 15:53, JC Brand <lists at opkode.com
> <mailto:lists at opkode.com>>:
>

>     I know from professional experience that you can reach the 5MB
>     limit with an integrated webchat of the type I mentioned.
>

> then just discard chat history (bar the last message) you haven't
> touched in a while. Loading history from the archive again is fast
> enough anyway, with any decent xmpp server.

If the site allows users to show multiple chats side-by-side then you
can't discard chat history.

Also if users quickly switch between multiple chats in a single widget,
they complain if there is a noticeable delay before showing the history
(which happens if messages need to be fetched again from the server).