[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: DOAP usage in XMPP

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Wed Jan 13 17:29:21 UTC 2021

Some discussion in Council as to where this fits. I'm quite happy it is
useful as a XEP.

So, is this:

Informational: It's a Best Practice for the community. We are recommending
that projects use DOAP.

Standards Track: It's a specification we want to standardize for the
community to use. Section 4.2 contains new bits of XML and - presumably -
would be developed via a Standards Track process.

Procedural: It's something the XSF should do (ie, receive the DOAP files
and process them somehow).

I think there are arguments for all of these, and I've not made up my mind.

What do people think?

Dave.