[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: DOAP usage in XMPP

Sam Whited sam at samwhited.com
Wed Jan 13 21:56:42 UTC 2021

I disagree, this is a handful of simple strings that need to be defined,
we could document everything we need in an XEP and have it reference
able from a single place trivially. If the council is worried about bike
shedding they could shut that down easily because the absolute specifics
of how everything is named don't really matter. We don't have any
compatibility concerns because we don't need to be compatible with other
open source projects and don't need to have them consume our projects
since it's just a tiny bit of metadata for building the website. These
drawbacks aren't as bad as having to learn 4 or 5 separate technologies
just to figure out how to tell people where my license file lives or
what my email is.

—Sam