[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: DOAP usage in XMPP

Sam Whited sam at samwhited.com
Wed Jan 13 21:59:23 UTC 2021

I hate to go down the rabbit trail of what "widely used means" but we
seem to have different definitions of that too. The vast majority of
projects on the web do not appear to use this format. Some do, but they
seem to be a very small minority (albeit from a very very small sample
of me searching specifically for projects that do use it, which should
weight towards using it, and then picking a bunch of random projects
that I use myself and seeing which ones use it).

I am not concerned with making something that is perfect over something
that is good, I would settle for something that is mediocre over
actively harmful and bad.

If effort is the concern, I will happily create and document an
alternative just to avoid the over engineered mess we seem to want to
find ourselves in.